Monday, August 29, 2005

Panda monium

First, I got hooked on the San Diego Zoo’s panda cam.

The newborn female panda cub, about the size of a Beanie Baby, is just starting to have visibly black ears and circles around her eyes (before she looked like a squealing white rat) and when her mother licks her (for grooming or bonding or both, I suppose), she looks like she’s eating the kid.

After hearing that the zoo in Washington DC also has a panda cub (older and bigger than the San Diego one) whose every move can also be viewed on a panda cam, I thought this would be great fun, toggling back and forth between the East and West coast cubs, but when I try to access the DC site, I keep getting the following message:

“Our cams are at maximum capacity. Click play to connect.”

UPDATE! You can also view the panda cub born at the National Zoo in Washington DC here, on the Discovery Channel's Animal Planet website. And boy, is he adorable!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sakshi said...

This is just too cute.

BTW, my dog Spike will be a father soon. The BITCH i got him mated with..she is pregnant and the babies are due end Sept. I just cant wait...the best bit would be too what color the babies turn out to be. Cause Spike is liver spotted Dalmatian and Dallas(mother)is black spotted Dalmatian.

I am gonna be a granma..at 25.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Sakshi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Olinda said...

Sakshi! That's great news!

Dalmatian puppies are precious.

I hope you'll be posting pix...

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home